Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We lost a good man last weekend


On Sunday, October 30th, Dr. William Zeus Bligh-Glover, MD, better known in the blogosphere as William the Coroner, died, apparently at home (I have no further details other than what I've learned at third hand).

I've enjoyed his blog for many years, but never met him or spoke with him. Others did, and they've offered their own tributes. Brigid's is perhaps the most detailed. If you enjoyed his blog, she'll give you additional insight into the man behind the words and pictures. For more information, his obituary may be found here.

He died young . . . he was only 43. I must admit, when I learn of tragic deaths like his, a man so much younger and (seemingly) healthier than me, I can't help both feeling extremely lucky to still be here, and wondering why I'm spared when people like him are taken.

His last blog post, perhaps appropriately, featured a picture of his cat Murphy. I hope his family and friends will ensure that his cats find good homes. I know they'll miss him. May his soul, and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace; and may his sins be forgiven him.

Peter

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I have a picture of Murphy in my wallet. He'd send them as some people did the yearly school pictures of their children.

I've not met anyone like him. I probably won't ever again. I wish I had told him how special he was.

HMS Defiant said...

I know it's ages too late but Murphy is still enjoying life but as an indoor cat these days. Tinker quickly followed William into Summer and Noodle was only a few months behind.
William was a most excellent man who I wish I had gotten to know much better. He was my next door neighbor for a summer and early fall.
Curtis