Thursday, November 3, 2011

Giggle of the day


A tip o' the hat to Rev. Paul for posting this image on his blog. It made me laugh, so I hope he'll allow me to post it here too, for the enjoyment of my readers.




It's funny how Alaskans (even adopted ones like Rev. Paul, Jenny and Miss D.), and Africans like myself and Lawdog, have such similar attitudes to, on the one hand, large animals with teeth, claws and appetites, and on the other hand, tourists . . . as in, "Hey, the animals have to eat, too!"





Peter

6 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

The large omnivorous beasties in Alaska engender great respect in those with whom they co-exist. We've seen too many newbies or tourists walk up to a moose - or bear - with iPhone in hand, only to get their backsides handed to them by sharp hooves or teeth. At least one tourist gets stomped & trampled by a moose in Anchorage every winter.

Thanks for the mention, my friend. Glad you liked the picture.

Rev. Paul said...

Oops: I didn't mean to imply that moose are omnivorous. My remark was poorly worded.

Old NFO said...

Good one :-)

Quizikle said...

Had some friends from South Africa at school in Colorado. They weren't too impressed with the wildlife. Then they got jobs with a mining company in Alaska and met Griz...
Q

Mockingbird said...

While waiting for a math class at what is now Florida State College Jacksonville,I saw a young woman walk her small dog along the lake.
She didn't heed the numerous signs warning of gators in the lake. An 8 foot gator lunged and ate her dog in 2-3 seconds. Then I went in for College Algebra.

Sebastian said...

Mockingbird: Poor dog, shame the woman wasn't eaten instead, like Nature intended...